The Vice President for Academic Affairs oversees and provides leadership for all academic programs and functions at United Tribes Technical College. The Office of Academic Affairs has the lead responsibility for academic planning and academic budget administration, academic personnel decisions and career development, curricular requirements and degree program development, assessment of student learning, and academic accreditation.
The Vice President for Academic Affairs works closely with the President’s Office, the Vice Presidents for Student Services, Campus Services and Childhood Education; the directors and department chairs, faculty and committees on a broad array of policy and strategic planning issues. Our purpose is to support the mission of United Tribes Technical College and the students and their families who are pursuing their educational goals at our campus.
Academic Affairs Division Goals:
Goal 1: Promote services of the college that will assist students in achieving high standards of academics.
Goal 2: Build quality programs that will promote student learning and meet or exceed industry best practices
Goal 3: Ensure students receiving degrees and certificates possess core abilities (institutional learner outcomes).
Goal 4: Incorporate technology to enhance learning opportunities.
Goal 5: Provide staff development and training opportunities that encourage proficiency in the delivery of operational, student and instructional services.
Institutional Learner Outcomes
- Engage in effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication. (Communication)
- Synthesize and apply information from diverse sources. (Critical Thinking)
- Use processes, procedures, data, or evidence to solve problems and make decisions for personal or professional needs. (Quantitative & Scientific Reasoning)
- Apply the knowledge and skills necessary to function in a diverse society and workplace. (Personal & Social Responsibility)
American Indian College Fund Faculty of the Year Recipients:
Every year, since 2006, the American Indian College Fund has presented the Annual Faculty Member of the Year Award. This award was established by the American Indian College Fund Board Member, Kim Blanchard, to recognize and celebrate distinguished faculty members at each of the AIHEC Member Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs) across the United States. This award honors TCU faculty members who exemplify a commitment to students, scholarship, teaching, and service to Native communities.
Recipients of this award at United Tribes Technical College are as follows:
- 2006: Lisa Azure, Teacher Education Chair
- 2007: Sheri BearKing Baker, Business Faculty
- 2008: Kathy Aller, Business & Office Technology Chair
- 2009: Ray Dingeman, Criminal Justice Chair
- 2010: Anne McLaughlin Kuyper, General Education Faculty
- 2011: Wallace “Butch” Thunderhawk, Jr., General Education Faculty
- 2012: Marge Palaniuk, General Education Faculty
- 2013: Evelyn Orth, Practical Nursing Chair
- 2014: Dale Pletan, Automotive Technology Chair
- 2015: Brian Palecek, General Education Faculty
- 2016: Mary P. Austin, General Education Faculty