Computer Information Technology
The Computer Information Technology (CIT) department integrates theory learning with practical “hands-on” experiences to prepare learners to obtain entry-level positions in the computer industry. The CIT department offers both a one-year certificate and an AAS degree. Students entering either CIT degree are best prepared with strong mathematical and communication skills.
The CIT department is an authorized Microsoft Information Technology (IT) Academy and CISCO networking academy program. Implementing the most current technology students learn state of the art information technology skills that focus on computer networking. Students are also introduced to computer programming, interactive media, and information support and services.
Upon completion, CIT graduates are qualified to begin employment as a network administrator/technician, personal computer support specialist, computer software programmer, webmaster, web designer, or help desk support technician. Employers of CIT graduates benefit from traditional Native American values that reflect diversity, integrity, respect, teamwork, education, patience, devotion, unity, family, and wellness experienced by all students who attend United Tribes Technical College.
Some applicants may already hold industry certifications such as Comptia’s A+®; Network+®; Microsoft’s MCP, MCITP, MCSA; CISCO’S CCENT, CCNA; CIW’S associate, professional, or others. The CIT department gives credit for selected IT certifications towards a Computer Information Technology AAS degree. Contact the CIT department chair for more information.
ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE PROGRAM(S):
Computer Information Technology - (38 CORE Credits Required)
- BOT 257 3cr. Database Management
- CIS 128 3cr. Microcomputer Hardware I
- CIS 164 4cr. Networking Fundamentals I
- CIS 165 4cr. Networking Fundamentals II
- CIS 180 4cr. Creating Web Pages I
- CIS 212 3cr. Microsoft Windows Operating System
- CIS 215 3cr. Implementing A Windows Server Environment
- CIT 267 4cr. Intermediate Networking I
- CIS 268 4cr. Intermediate Networking II
- CSC 122 3cr. Visual Basic I
- CSC 172 3cr. Visual Basic II
- Electives (3 Credits Required)
Phone: Ext. 1416