The Practical Nursing (PN) department offers an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Practical Nursing (AASPN). Students who enter the program in the fall semester can usually complete this program in four semesters with a summer session between semesters two and three. The first year includes introductory nursing courses, with classroom theory and skill labs. The second year students accompany nursing faculty into a variety of clinical settings as they learn about nursing care provided to adults and children in the classroom. Upon completion of the program, graduates apply to take the national licensure exam. Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) are employed in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, home health, mental and community settings under the direction of registered nurses and physicians. Nursing faculty have master’s degrees in nursing. The UTTC AASPN Program is accredited nationally by The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), and approved by the North Dakota Board of Nursing (NDBON).
The applicant to the Practical Nursing program must meet the following criteria for acceptance consideration:
- Meets all UTTC Admission requirements
- Possess the physical capabilities to perform nursing skills and functions of the nursing profession
- Successful completion of BIO 220 and NUR 101, and be enrolled in or have successfully completed NUR 203, BIO 221 and 203
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50
- Must provide a criminal background check(s) report that shows the applicant has not been convicted of a felony(s) and is not on a health care abuse registry, and has not been convicted of a crime against a child
United Tribes Technical College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, or membership or nonmembership, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. Further, UTTC does not discriminate in its admissions, access to and conduct of educational programs and activities. Discrimination is prohibited on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap, or marital and parental status.
Discover more about this program - Inquire Today!