Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Security Officer
Reports Directly To: Security Supervisor
Opening Date: October 16, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: $14.00 per hour
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Security Supervisor, performs all or some of the following duties:
- Patrols campus on via vehicle and foot.
- Checks location for unusual and suspicious activities, theft, fires, peoples safety, etc.
- Investigates and responds to any civil disturbances; potential illegal activities; suspicious circumstances, and reports to Burleigh county sheriff’s department for follow-up and action.
- Writes and types radio logs, reports and contact sheets.
- Answers incoming calls and directs them to appropriate individual or department afterhours and weekends.
- Attends security meetings and trainings.
- Conducts building checks to insure all windows and doors are shut and locked.
- Locks and Unlocks designated buildings and gates as appropriate.
- Control and issue citation(s) for traffic violations.
- Cooperates with and aids city, county, state and federal law enforcement agencies as required.
- Confiscates contraband when necessary.
- Completes reports immediately and provides them to supervisor.
- Escorts people/property to desired destination when safeties of property or persons are a concern.
- Responds to alarms and dispatched calls; decides what action(s) to take based on situation, facts known and position limitations.
- Assists any persons in building or on campus needing directions or campus information.
- Must be able to multi-task calls, radio activity, persons, and incidents.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and incidents for timely response.
- Shall keep confidentiality.
- Must be able to take appropriate action in a timely manner based on incident.
- Must maintain all certifications
- Performs other duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
Often makes moderate to difficult decisions in a timely manner regarding Security activities, personnel, etc.
Requires working evenings, holidays, and weekends on a rotating basis
Must be able to sit and stand for long periods.
Must be able to walk, run, bend stoop, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs. in the performance of duties.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent and three (3) years full-time paid related experience, or
2. High School Diploma or equivalent and two (2) years related education and one (1) year full-time related paid experience.
3. Position requires a current, valid North Dakota driver’s license with an acceptable Motor Vehicle record. A copy needs to be submitted with application.
4. Applicant will need to successfully pass a background check.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504