Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Substitute Teacher
Department: Theodore Jamerson Elementary School
Opening Date: January 7, 2015
Closing Date: Wednesday January 21, 2015 5:00p.m.
Salary: $100 per day
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
Under the supervision of the Theodore Jamerson Elementary School Principal, performs all or some of the following duties:
- Meets assigned classes at the time as indicated by the supervisor and provides instruction in the required subjects or in his/her area of specialty.
- Establishes and maintains a classroom atmosphere which will facilitate effective learning.
- Guides the learning of the student toward the achievement of individual goals which have been set, where applicable, by the teacher, student and parent.
- Provides a safe learning environment for the students in the classroom.
- Supervises students as assigned and needed.
- Follow lesson plans as outlined by the teacher including assigned lunch and outside duties.
- Incorporates Indian culture into the instruction in subject areas where appropriate.
- Willing to take on an assignment without much advanced notice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A substitute teacher may have to make decision of average difficulty regarding classroom procedures, discipline, and school policies.
Education and Experience: Four (4) year degree from an accredited College or University in Elementary Education and a current North Dakota Teaching Certificate. Experience working with Indian children preferred.The flexibility to teach in any position at any time is a must. Some jobs will give you advance notice and other times last minute positions are available.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
- Cover letter.
- Current Resume.
- Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
- Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504