Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Health Information Technology Adjunct Medical Coding Instructor
Department: Academics, Career & Technical Education
Opening Date: January 7, 2015
Closing Date: Wednesday January 21, 2015 5:00p.m.
Status: Exempt; 12 Months
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Academic, Career & Technical Education or his/her designee and the appropriate academic department chair, the adjunct instructor will perform the following duties:
- Instructs students based upon the curriculum as approved by the UTTC Curriculum Committee and the Vice President of Academic, Career and Technical Education in the fields of Health Information Technology coding.
- Adjusts lesson plans and other course materials to meet the needs of students. Instructors must be sensitive to the cultures of the students, must be willing to learn about those cultures, and be able to integrate culturally-appropriate and culturally-relevant material when appropriate.
- Evaluates students’ progress and communicates with student’s academic advisor when problems or issues arise.
- Monitors and reports student attendance and academic progress daily, at mid-terms and at the end of Finals week through the Jenzabar system (MyUTTC LMS).
- Keeps a record of weekly coursework in MyUTTC LMS.
- Refers students to appropriate academic support and student/campus life services.
- Will manage classroom activities according to policies and procedures for the UTTC Faculty Handbook.
- Participates in assessment, professional development, and other activities required by the institution.
- Serve as a secondary advisor for students. This role is to be taken seriously. Instructors enter into an advisement relationship with students with regard to academics and other topics insofar as these relationships do not interfere with other helping and/or therapeutic relationships those students have on campus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Adjunct instructors are to conduct class meetings according to the master course schedule and in the class location designated on the schedule. Class meetings must be held for the duration specified in the schedule. Normal working hours will vary according to need assuring that work and reporting are complete in a timely manner according to the course schedule and the college academic calendar.
Adjunct instructors teaching in a face-to-face situation may use campus computer labs to enter student grades and attendance if needed. Coursework, grades, and student attendance documentation will be maintained in the MyUTTC LMS.
- Education: Associates Degree from an accredited Health Information Technology Program or Education field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience: Prior experience with educating and training is ideal.
- Certification: Needs to have or attain the appropriate status of instructor certification granted by the North Dakota State Board of Vocational and Technical Education.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504