Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: UTTC/USDA Land Grant Horticulture Assistant
Department: USDA Land Grant Program
Reports Directly To: USDA Land Grant Extension Horticulture Educator
Opening Date: March 14, 2012
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Learning to identify and label trees, shrubs, perennials and grasses in our college gardens;
- Learn to identify traditional plants;
- Provide administrative assistance with student gardening programs;
- Assist in preparing, planting, maintaining and harvesting in our college gardens;
- Learn to measure and evaluate growing environments;
- Assist in maintaining the Anne Kuyper Community Garden, Kid Gardens and garden storage shed;
- Assist in planting and maintaining Dragonfly Garden, Skill Center Garden, Gazebo Gardens, and Medicine Wheel Garden.
- Individuals applying need a strong willingness to be physically active;
- Positive attiude to assist in providing an enthusiastic learning environment;
- Willingness to to work on diverse tasks;
- Be committed to a teamwork approach to meeting project goals.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504