Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Math Instructor – General Education
Department: Academic, Career & Technical Education
Opening Date: April 12, 2012
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: Exempt, 9 Month
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Instructs college students based upon the master course schedule, degree plans and curricula approved for math education by the UTTC Curriculum Committee and the Vice President of Academic, Career & Technical Education.
- Develops culturally-relevant curricula, lesson plans and other postsecondary course work materials that achieve student competencies and meet industry-standards. Course syllabi will be updated and submitted on a semester basis to the Registrar's office and to the academic vice president.
- May also be called upon to provide instruction of foundation ("prep") courses as needed.
- Assists with the assessment, registration, advising and tutoring of students.
- Monitors and reports student attendance and academic progress daily, at mid-terms and at the end of Finals week through the Jenzabar system.
- Refers students to appropriate academic support and student/campus life services.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the academic vice president regarding program needs, budgets, informational changes to the college catalog, departmental policies and procedures, and acquisition of instructional materials and supplies.
- Participates in student learning assessments, student advising, program evaluation, classroom observations, institutional committees, department chairs and all-hands conversations meetings, professional development activities, vocational club, and other activities required by the institution.
- Will participate in graduation commencement wearing gap and gown.
UTTC instructors must be sensitive to the cultures of the students enrolled at the college, must be willing to learn about those cultures, and must be willing to integrate multi-cultural perspectives where appropriate.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504