Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Addiction Counselor II, Access to Recovery Specialist
Department: Chemical Health Center
Reports Directly To: Chemical Health Center Director
Opening Date: 4/17/2012
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Advise the CHC Director in short and long-term planning, in support of the Chemical Health Center's Strategic Plan.
- Remain current and adhere to legal requirements that affect students in higher education, i.e. FERPA, HIPAA, ADA, and Addiction Code of Ethics, Social Work Code of Ethics and/or all governing guidelines related to UTTC community.
- Prepare and submit accurate reports, documentation and correspondence in a timely manner.
- To implement and/or enhance professional development opportunities to maintain licensure/certification.
- Interviews students for the purposes of arriving at diagnostic assessment of needs.
- Administers and interprets projective tests on addiction assessment.
- Counsels students individually and/or in groups as needed.
- Develops treatment plans and other required forms for assigned students
- Provides Anger Management and Aftercare sessions for assigned students.
- Works with Center for Academic & Personal Counseling, Student Health Center, Admissions, Security and other departments as needed.
- Completes and develops all necessary paper work and reports as required.
- Serves as an advocate for students, representing them at disciplinary hearings and with outside agencies.
- Provides substance abuse presentations and trainings for other departments and /or classes or individuals.
- Administers, maintains, and trains other staff on the Accu Care System as required by Indian Health Service.
- Provides clinical supervision to Chemical Health Center staff.
- Supervises and provides quality assurance review for the student files as required by Indian Health Services.
- Develops and completes assigned administrative tasks delegated by the Chemical Health Center Director.
- Provides services pertaining to the Access To Recovery grant as needed.
- Provides instructional classes as needed, i.e. DUI classes and academic addition classes as directed by the Director.
- Works with United Tribes Technical College departments and outside agencies regarding the retention, graduation, employability, continuing care and/or referral of students.
- Implements, develops and participates in Chemical Health Center prevention/education activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: Must have three (3) years of continuous sobriety if a recovering alcoholic/drug addict. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing. Must have an open mind in the approach to substance abuse. Must be able to diagnose alcohol/drug and related problems. Must be familiar with State, IHS, and Tribal policies. Must have a valid North Dakota driver's license with an acceptable Motor Vehicle record.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504