Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Student Health Center)
Department: Wellness Services
Reports Directly To: Director of Student Health Center
Opening Date: April 29, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Advise the Director of Student Health Center in short and long-term planning, in support of the Student Health Center Strategic Plan.
- Remain current and adhere to legal requirements that affect students in higher education, i.e. FERPA, HIPAA, ADA, and/or all governing guidelines related to the UTTC community.
- Prepare and submit accurate reports, documentation, correspondence, and Health Education awareness & Disease Prevention in a timely manner.
- To actively participate in the “high risk” crisis management team that provides holistic services in meeting the individual need(s) of the student and in support of their family system.
- To assist the Director in the implementation and/or enhancement of professional development opportunities.
- To interact with networking systems on/off campus.
- Nursing assessment and examination of students and/or their dependents which may include dressing changes, acute illness or injuries and obtaining baseline vital signs with necessary medical referrals and follow-up appointments to local health, dental, eye clinics or hospitals while maintaining confidentiality.
- To assist the Director in providing program assurance for overall Student Health Center.
- Dispense over the counter medications per standing orders of the Student Health Center Medical Standing Orders manual and provide if necessary authorization slips to students and /or their dependents to obtain prescriptions from a local pharmacy.
- Arrange transportation services for students who require medical attention at a Bismarck Medical facility or to the nearest Indian Health Service Clinic.
- To provide nursing medical treatment or medical advice/referral after-hours during on-call rotation.
- To assist the Director in the ordering and to administer vaccines/immunizations, and input records on the ND state system. (THOR).
- Perform glucose monitoring, dipstick urinalysis, cholesterol and hemoglobin screening, and pregnancy tests as needed.
- Performs vision, dental, and (scoliosis grades 5-8) screenings of preschool and elementary children with referrals if necessary.
- Performs quarterly pediculosis screenings at Elementary school and preschools, or as necessary with follow up screenings and dispensing of shampoo and combs if necessary.
- To assist the Director in planning of workshops, health screenings/fairs for the school year related to subjects such as HIV/AIDS awareness day, etc.
- To assist the Director in providing CPR/First Aid/AED and in-service training to campus personnel as needed. (Security, RA’s, Daycare, Cafeteria, etc.). Perform CPR/First Aid/AED services on an emergency basis.
- To assist the Director in performing inventory and ordering of all health center supplies.
- Maintaining and performing general infection control measures of self, exam rooms and offices.
- Maintaining and promoting general safety practices pertaining to blood borne pathogens and sharps handling and disposal as well as biohazard materials and expired medications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A graduate of a Licensed Practical Nurse program.
- Current North Dakota LPN license.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Instructor Certified or obtained within 3 months of hire.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504