Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: CDC Preschool Teacher
Department: Child Development Center
Reports Directly To: CDC Preschool Director
Opening Date: June 17, 2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Greets children, parents, and staff in a friendly manner and maintains a good working relationship with parents.
- Maintains a positive and constant interaction with children.
- Participates in family-style breakfast, lunch and snack with the children daily.
- Implements the CDC curriculum.
- Plans developmentally appropriate activities for the children in regard to their interests, pace, and style of learning and includes materials and experiences in the classroom that fosters children's development and progress.
- Prepares and conducts creative daily experiences for the children based upon the goals of the center.
- Assists children in a caring, nurturing manner with activities that are appropriate to their age and development using a variety of creative materials.
- Responsible for weekly lesson plans.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of children's development and progress and maintains a progress reporting system under the direction of the center director.
- Help children develop good cleaning habits, i.e. picking up after themselves and teaches children personal hygiene appropriate for their age and development.
- Attends and participate in staff meeting, training sessions and planning activities.
- Completes annual requirement of county-approved training hours for licensing.
- Other duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504