Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Adjunct - Teacher Education Instructor
Department: Teacher Education
Reports Directly To: VP, Academic, Career & Tech. Ed
Opening Date: October 22, 2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: Nine Month Academic Year; Exempt
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Instructs college students based upon the master course schedule, degree plans and curricula approved for Teacher Education by the UTTC Curriculum Committee and the Vice President of Academic, Career & Technical Education.
- Assists with the assessment, registration and advising of students.
- Monitors and reports student attendance and academic progress daily, at mid-terms and at the end of Finals week through the Jenzabar system.
- Refers students to appropriate academic support and student/campus life services.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the department chair regarding the acquisition of instructional materials and supplies.
- Participates in student learning assessments, student advising, program evaluation, classroom observations, institutional committees, professional development, vocational club, and other activities required by the institution.
- Develops culturally-relevant curricula, lesson plans and other postsecondary coursework materials that achieve student competencies and meet industry-standards.
- Participate in activities directed towards continued accreditation of Bachelor of Science degree program.
- Work under the policies and procedures of the UTTC Personnel Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504