Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: College Work Programs Coordinator
Department: Financial Aid – Enrollment Services
Reports Directly To: Director of Financial Aid Dept.
Opening Date: April 4, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Facilitates dialogue and mediates between students and supervisors to help resolve employment issues. Serves as an advocate for students in work programs.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of federal regulations regarding Federal College Work Study as well as institutional policies for the Leadership Through Experience work study program.
- Coordinate hiring, interviewing and placement of student workers.
- Process student timesheets and submit them for payment.
- Maintain student work records and update financial aid awards through Jenzabar and PowerFaids computer systems.
- Maintain documentation in student files and reconciles accounts and awards.
- Provide customer service to all program stakeholders, including responding to needs of supervisors, staff and participants.
- Completes reporting functions for program management and development as required. Presents reports on program implementation to stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Duties (for all Financial Aid Staff):
- Assists students in completion of Free Application for Federal Student Aid, Scholarship applications and other financial aid paperwork, including verification. Provides students with needs analysis documentation.
- Answers student inquiries accurately and courteously, consistently assisting students to access all relevant financial aid services, including locating additional funding sources and social services.
- Maintains a financial aid advising relationship with assigned students and vocational advisors.
- Collects, routs and processes faxes, documents, phone and email messages.
- Accurately uses Jenzabar and PowerFAIDS software as well as paper filing system to meet institutional documentation policies.
- Maintains an accurate knowledge of Title IV Financial Aid regulations.
- Represents the Office of Financial Aid on UTTC committees as required.
- Bachelor degree in business, human services or related field.
- Four years work experience in higher education or related field.
- Ability to respond to the needs of program stakeholders.
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping and budgeting to manage program costs.
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency in MS Office and ability to learn various software packages, especially Jenzabar and Sybase InfoMaker.
- Good verbal, written, interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Detail oriented, with ability to multitask comfortably in independent and supervised settings.
- Demonstrated skill in dealing with challenging interpersonal situations with diplomacy and tact.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504