Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Custodian – Building 69 ONLY
Department: Student & Campus Services
Reports Directly To: Custodian & Maintenance Supervisors
Opening Date: April 1, 2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and/or vacuuming.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using cleaning products and equipment.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Follow procedures for use of chemicals, cleaners, and power equipment.
- Remove snow from sidewalks and entryways using snow shovels or blower. Spread ice melting chemicals.
- Request for supplies and equipment needed for cleaning duties.
- Set-up, arranges, and removes decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders to prepare facilities for events; such as meetings.
- Spray insecticides and fumigates to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Eight (8th) grade education and three (3) years full-time paid experience - or - High school diploma or equivalent and no experience.
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the Janitorial Services.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules.
- Knowledge of the proper use of chemicals.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to operate and use Janitorial tools, equipment, and supplies; such as buffers, vacuum cleaners, cleaning compounds, solutions, ladders, and scaffolding.
- Knowledge of the qualities and uses of various cleaning, sanitizing, stripping and waxing compounds.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBALENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504