Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Registrar
Department: Enrollment Services
Opening Date: May 6, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Coordinate and advertise registration on campus and within the agencies.
- Responsible for notifying agencies and Financial Aides of student termina¬tions, suspensions and progress.
- Prepare and maintain accurate transcripts and hold the Official College Seal.
- Responsible for verifying enrollment for other agencies such as student loan organizations, U.S. probation/parole offices, housing authority, organizations for employment, National Junior College Athletics Association and many others.
- Responsible for returning files on graduates, students who have been terminated and those who were scheduled for enrollment two (2) times or more.
- Serves on admissions and committees.
- Will provide an evaluation of transfer of credits for students in accordance with college policies.
- Will initiate recommendations and concerns regarding admissions, registration, attendance, and graduation for college policy making.
- Responsible for submitting a yearly budget.
- Will assist in answering questionnaires regarding enroll¬ment and academics affairs.
- Assist in editing the college catalog.
- Maintain computerization of class schedules and entry.
- Interprets academic policy and sees that it is followed by students, faculty and other administra¬tors.
- Registers all students.
- Processes end of quarter grades and published grade reports for students, advisors, deans and department heads.
- Checks all students for fulfillment of degree require¬ments.
- Determines athletics eligibility for intercollegiate athletics.
- Determines honors and highest honors for degree candi¬dates.
- Provides statistical service for the college.
- Produces and distributes the official statistical reports.
- Provides a transcript service for all students, both past and present.
- Consults with other colleges on the transferability of credits.
- Responsible for compiling grades, recording grades on transcript forms, and sending copies of grades to funding agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504