Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Development Director
Opening Date: Feb. 13, 2015
Closing Date: Feb. 26, 2015 at 5:00 PM
Under the direction of the President, the Development Director is responsible for the planning and implementation of a comprehensive development program for the college, including corporate, private and family foundation grant making, direct mail, major gifts, sponsorships, special events and marketing and fundraising related communications. The Development Director reports (works with) directly to the President and will work closely with the Administrative Council, Board of Directors, and all UTTC staff.
Will perform the following duties:
- Establish and strengthen relationships with the private sector and alumni through Annual Fund Drives, Capital Campaigns, Endowment activities, and Scholarship Drives.
- Facilitate the development of a Case Statement to establish short term and long term funding goals.
- Research and identify foundation, corporate, government and individual donors to support UTTC's mission.
- Establish clearinghouse for all UTTC grant applications and awards. Direct the preparation of all grant and sponsorship proposals and applications and assist College faculty and staff with grant writing and submission activities.
- Develop and maintain a budget for the Development Office operations and fundraising activities.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Functions as a liaison between UTTC and the community at large through participation in local, regional, and national relevant professional organization events to promote UTTC and increase donor base.
- Supervise Development Office staff.
- Establish a UTTC foundation to improve fundraising capacity.
- Provides oversight and direction for all UTTC recruitment and outreach communications to ensure consistent branding and messaging.
- Establishes policies and procedures for the handling of donations to the College.
- Maintains donor and contribution database and reports utilizing the College’s Jenzabar system.
- Produce quarterly and yearly reports.
- Ensure development office is in compliance with IRS rules and regulations.
Supervises Office of Institutional Advancement staff.
General office conditions. Position requires travel. Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm will need to be available to work additional hours as necessary. Office is equipped with standard office furnishings with computer, printer and internet access. Will be required to work with other professionals on and off campus to coordinate facility activities.
Valid Driver's License.
- Master’s degree in business administration, management, or financial management related fields.
- Minimum of 3 (3) years documented experience in fund raising, capital campaigns, or foundations.
- Three (3) years supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft office software.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and translate data and financials.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to anticipate and respond to change.
- Team player with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced, performance-driven environment.
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills.