Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: STUDENT BILLING & COLLECTION SPECIALIST
Department: Enrollment Management
Reports Directly To: Bursar
Opening Date: Jan. 2, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Develops expert knowledge of U. S. Department of Education Student Financial Assistance programs and UTTC policy to ensure compliance in student billing and collection processes.
- Provides consistently excellent service to students in the student accounts office, including responding to phone calls and emails and inquiries in person.
- Provides quality advising regarding student bills and makes appropriate reference to resources within and outside of Student Financial Services to help students settle their debt.
- Serves as backup to the Bursar’s customer service duties in order to maximize quality of customer service.
- Coordinates student billing and collection activities including verification and documentation of accuracy of charges, resolving billing disputes and helping students understand their bills.
- Receives, researches, and responds to incoming questions or complaints; provides information, explains policy and procedures, and/or facilitates a resolution.
- Creates reports regarding the student accounts receivable portfolio for the Director of Student Financial Services and UTTC administration.
- Issues bills (invoices) to students and third party payers on a timely basis and frequently checks accounts to make sure the student or 3rd party pays all student expenses in accordance with College policies and guidelines.
- Prepares and analyzes a monthly Student Accounts Receivable Aging Report to identify past due accounts or specific problem accounts and sends report to the Director of Student Financial Services and other UTTC administration as requested.
- Conducts in-house collection activities, including preparing and sending an escalating set of collection letters to students and/or 3rd party payers notifying them of their delinquent accounts; and explains ways to pay off debt and the consequences if they do not comply.
- Follows through with phone calls or other means to secure payment, evaluate financial information, monitor and update delinquent accounts, and recommend appropriate legal action.
- Follows UTTC policies and procedures to maintain accurate fiscal records and files with a clear audit trail that shows funds were received, managed, disbursed, and returned in accordance with federal requirements.
- Participates in trainings, committee meetings and other work groups as designated.
- Collaborates with the Bursar to provide monthly status reports to the Director of Student Financial Services regarding student accounts receivable.
- Assists the Bursar in the preparation and calculation of refunds including printing and disbursing the refunds to students.
- Creates Leadership Through Experience Accounts Receivable reports on a bi-weekly basis. Provide report to LTE Coordinator.
- Generate the student payroll, print student payroll reports and checks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in business administration or related field (Bachelors preferred).
- Three years work experience in higher education business and collections or related field.
- Experienced user of MS Office software, demonstrated ability to learn Jenzabar software with appropriate training during probationary period.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with customers and coworkers, including conflict resolution and dealing with difficult situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge of Jenzabar software is preferred.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504