Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Human Resource Assistant
Department: Human Resources
Opening Date: April 14, 2014
Closing Date: Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
To provide assistance to the HR Director and the Benefits Administrator and trainings campus wide for all staff within the UTTC organization: through development and implementation of training, manuals, and orientations. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Assistant performs the following duties:
- Conducts and schedules new hire orientation.
- Communicate with all applicants’ regarding position, selection, or non-selection of a position.
- Responsible for contacting drug testing facility for new hire drug testing(s).
- Enters new hire and selection information upon receipt.
- Responsible for I-9 employee eligibility completion and collection of proper forms or ID’s.
- Conducts and schedules interviews.
- Responsible to maintain all applications, from acceptance to hiring.
- Serves as the backup for the HR director when they are not available, to assist with personnel issues with employees, complaints, grievances.
- Assist as a backup for phones in HR dept provides information to callers or transfers calls to appropriate personnel, when tech is unavailable.
- Reports employee data for Child Support or wage request information to the proper authorities upon their legal request.
- Provides general knowledge of employment laws, policies & procedures, and practices.
- Schedules meeting for and with the HR Director.
- Posts and advertises all positions in a timely manner.
- Responsible for Background checks being conducted and maintained on all employees.
- Creates files for advertised positions.
- Is responsible for the receipt and payment of PR’s.
- Assists with the holiday party.
- Pulls reports for executive and supervisory staff when needed.
- Responsible to create new hire orientation packets.
- Responsible to make sure there is adequate office supplies, forms, and handbooks at all times.
- Make travel arrangements for all Human Resource staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General office setting, normal working hours is from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch. May be required to work additional hours to complete assignments. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. Will need to be able to bend, support and walk up and down stairs. May need to travel to attend workshops.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or business related field with a minimum of three years of experience.
- Excellent writing and personal leadership skills are required.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated audio/video ability and experience required.
- Will need to be proficient in Microsoft products especially PowerPoint and Word.
- Will need to be able to learn Jenzabar employee system.
- Will need to be able to efficient in operating a LCD projector.
- A proven ability to coordinate multiple priority projects involving different functional areas of the human resources function and training for departments in the college.
- Creative ability, writing proficiency, visual graphics design ability.
- Good organizer, meticulous, and good public speaker at ease moderating large groups.
- Able to maintain strictest confidentially in all manners pertaining to human resources and reports obtained from employees sustaining injuries.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with a favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504