Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Domestic Violence Advocate
Department: Academic and Personal Counseling
Reports Directly To: Associate VP Community Wellness
Opening Date: March 20, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Advise the Associate Vice President of Community Wellness in short and long-term planning, in support of the UTTC comprehensive strategic plan.
- Remain current and adhere to legal requirements that affect students in higher education, i.e. FERPA, HIPPA, ADA, and/or all governing guidelines related to UTTC community.
- Project, develop, and manage department budget(s).
- Prepare and submit accurate reports, documentation, correspondence, and bi-annual report, in a timely manner.
- To actively participate in the "high risk" crisis management team that provides various services in meeting the individual need(s) of the student and in support of their family system.
- To implement and/or enhance professional development opportunities.
- To cooperatively interact with your networking system on/off campus, i.e. Abused Adult Resource Center.
- Provide crisis intervention services, emotional support, and advocacy for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Provide advocacy and support to victims who witness violence.
- Provide information and referral services to appropriate agencies including legal services, medical, mental health, counseling, victim/witness, law enforcement, social and employment agencies.
- Provide public prevention education and awareness to various groups – UTTC faculty, staff, students, resident life, and athletics, schools and organizations, on & off campus.
- Facilitate campus support group as needed.
- Attend and participate in community meetings as assigned. Coordinate and meet with Bismarck-Mandan Coalition Against Violence.
- Organize on & off-campus Coordinated Community Response team and coordinate team meetings.
- Be on-call 24/7, for any and all domestic violence incidences. Accompany victim to emergency room or law enforcement.
- Transport victims to Abused Adult Resource Center (shelter) appointments, court hearings, housing, medical, etc.
- Must be able to pass a background/character investigations and drug and alcohol testing(s).
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in human service field, or equivalent work/life experience. If degree is that of Social Work, must be licensed within the state of North Dakota.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of domestic violence and sexual assault issues (male & female).
- Must possess knowledge of various referral resources, i.e., medical, legal, housing, and employment.
- Must demonstrate management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have PC experience in word processing, database, documentation and reports.
- Must be willing to travel for trainings, workshops, conferences.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504