Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: HEAD WOMEN’S BASKETBALL COACH
Department: Studednt & Campus Services
Reports Directly To: Athletic Director
Opening Date: June 17, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: Exempt PT
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- The Head Coach is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Women’s Basketball Program relative to the sport.
- Conduct practice sessions and coach scheduled games.
- Responsible for coordinating all fund raising activities for the Women’s Basketball Program.
- Must submit updated player and team stats to NJCAA Websites throughout the basketball season.
- Monitor student-athletes’ academic progress, and coordinate mandatory study tables with the Women’s Assistant Coach.
- Responsible for active recruitment of student-athletes for Women Basketball.
- The Head Coach is under the direct supervision of the Athletic Director regarding all coaching duties.
- Must comply with the policies and procedures set forth by UTTC, the NJCAA, and Mon-Dak Conference.
- Must be able to maintain discipline of student athletes.
- Will supervise assistant coaches and assign respective duties, and responsibilities.
- Transports athletes to and from the scheduled away games.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a working knowledge of Women’s Basketball, and have previous coaching experience and/or collegiate playing experience.
- Must have experience in prevention and care of athletic injuries.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- An acceptable motor vehicle record with a valid commercial driver’s license or the ability to obtain one upon hire. A copy will need to be submitted upon application.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504