Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: DISABILITY SUPPORT SERVICES COORDINATOR - SPECIAL EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
Department: Disability Support Services - Lewis Goodhouse Wellness Center
Reports Directly To: Assoc.VP of Community Wellness
Opening Date: Sept. 26, 2014
Closing Date: When Filled
Status: Exempt - 12 Month
To provide professional customer service. Provide direction and support for the college’s efforts to provide college success for students with disabilities. Learning Disabilities Instructor for college students identified as having a disability. Provide students with appropriate instructional opportunities and experiences to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
- Manage, supervise and conducts student employee(s) performance review(s).
- Advise the Associate Vice President of Community Wellness in short and long-term planning, in support of the Lewis Goodhouse Wellness Center Strategic Plan.
- Remain current and adhere to legal requirements that affect students in higher education, i.e. FERPA, HIPAA, ADA, and/or all governing guidelines related to UTTC community.
- Project, develop, and manage operational budget(s).
- Prepare and submit accurate reports, documentation and correspondence in a timely manner.
- To actively participate in the “High Risk” Crisis Management Team that provides holistic services in meeting the individual need(s) of the student and in support of their family system.
- To implement and/or enhance professional development opportunities.
- To cooperatively interact with networking system on/off campus.
- Creating and/or maintaining a comprehensive student disability office for UTTC.
- Deliver high quality and sensitive services to the disabled student population which include creating and interpreting Educational Support Plans and periodic monitoring.
- Work with faculty /staff to identify and establish reasonable accommodations for students identified with a disability.
- Creating a student referral process that outlines services on and off campus.
- Maintaining a database of students with disability needs.
- Disability Support Services will serve on the admissions committee at UTTC for file review.
- Demonstrate an understanding of special education policies and procedures.
- Monitor and review the Program Plans.
- Ability to serve as consultative capacity with individuals and groups, including staff and students.
- Use of appropriate techniques and strategies that promote and enhance critical, creative and evaluative thinking of students.
- Use appropriate instructional strategies/materials that reflect the student’s culture, learning styles, and socioeconomic background.
- Other duties as assigned.
Assigned Student Employee(s), i.e. LTE, Scribe(s), Peer Tutor(s)
General office and academic classroom conditions. Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch. Will need to work additional hours as the need arises. Will need to occasionally travel to attend workshops and/or conferences.
Will need to walk to various departments/buildings on campus. Ability to perform daily general office and/or classroom duties.
Individual must have a Bachelors Degree in Special Education. Must meet state certification qualifications/certifications and/or licensure. Minimum of five years experience in the field. Knowledge of Native American people, history and culture desirable. Demonstrated knowledge of current available Auxiliary Aids and how to operate and/or utilize. Working knowledge of Micro Soft Word and compatible software. Operate basic office equipment; copier, fax machine, digital phone system. Maintaining departmental operations in support of United Tribes Technical College’s Strategic Plan in providing customer service(s).
M.A., M.S. or M.Ed., with an emphasis in Special Education.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504