Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Adjunct – General Education Instructor for Introduction to Computers
Reports Directly To: General Education Department Chair and Vice President of Vocational and Academic Technical Education
Under the direct supervision of the General Education Department Chair and the Vice President of Vocational and Academic Services, performs all or some of the following duties:
1. Instructs college students based upon the master course schedule, degree plans and curricula approved for General Education by the UTTC Curriculum Committee and the Vice President of Academic, Career & Technical Education.
2. Assists with the assessment, registration and advising of students.
3. Monitors and reports student attendance and academic progress daily, at mid-terms and at the end of Finals week through the Jenzabar system.
4. Refers students to appropriate academic support and student/campus life services.
5. Reviews and makes recommendations to the department chair regarding the acquisition of instructional materials and supplies.
6. Participates in student learning assessments, student advising, program evaluation, classroom observations, institutional committees, professional development, vocational club, and other activities required by the institution.
7. Develops culturally-relevant curricula, lesson plans and other postsecondary coursework materials that achieve student competencies and meet industry-standards.
8. Participate in activities directed towards continued accreditation of Bachelor of Science degree program.
9. Work under the policies and procedures of the UTTC Personnel Manual.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Adjunct instructors are to conduct class meetings according to the master course schedule and in the class location designated on the schedule. Class meetings must be held for the duration specified in the schedule. Normal working hours will vary according to need assuring that work and reporting are complete in a timely manner according to the course schedule and the college academic calendar.
1. Must have a bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in the IT or related field. Three to five years teaching experience is preferred.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504