Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Elementary School 6th Grade Teacher
Department: Theodore Jamerson Elementary School
Opening Date: April 29, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Meets assigned classes at the time as indicated by the supervisor and provides instruction in the required subjects or in his/her area of specialty.
- Establishes and maintains a classroom atmosphere which will facilitate effective learning.
- Guides the learning of the student toward the achievement of individual goals which have been set, where applicable, by the teacher, student and parent.
- Prepares for the classes assigned and shows written evidence upon request of the supervisor.
- Provides a safe learning environment for the students in the classroom.
- Supervises students as assigned and needed.
- Incorporates Indian culture into the instruction in subject areas where appropriate.
- Evaluates the progress of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required by school policy.
- Communicates reports of student progress to the student and his/her parents at the end of each grading period and at other times if requested.
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by school policy, the administration and the Indian Education Act of 1978.
- Plans and supervises meaningful tasks for teacher aides and/or volunteers designed to facilitate student learning.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
- Contributes to the development and continual improvement of school programs by sharing expertise on committees as requested during released time if possible.
- Provides for his/her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences and/or advanced courses at institutions of higher learning.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
Strong working knowledge in computer applications both IBM and MACs.
Applicant will need to attend occasional meetings requiring over night travel.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504