Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: HIT Medical Coding Tutor
Department: Academics, Career & Technical Education
Reports Directly To:
Opening Date: March 17, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
Salary: $16.00 - $32.00 per hour DOQ
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Tutors will assist students and faculty in all operational and academic functions of Medical Coding Program.
- Tutors will be able to tutor Reading, Writing, Medical Terminology, Medical Law & Ethics, Medical Insurance & Billing, Coding and Reimbursement, and Learning Skills (including computer skills), etc., as required.
- Tutors will help students with subject content according to individual strengths.
- Tutors will learn and be able to help students with study strategies and techniques.
- Tutors will assist in development and evaluation of tutoring material and services.
Part-time (1-12 hours per week), afternoons.
This position requires long periods of sitting. Must be able to ascend/descend a flight of stairs (50-steps) and occasionally lift items not heavier than 25 pounds.
- Education: Associates Degree from an accredited Health Information Technology Program or Education, or related field preferred.
- Experience: Prior experience with educating and training is ideal.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504