United Tribes NewsUT-PLAINS Project
United Tribes Technical College UND Educational Leadership Department
17 January 2006
This project is designed to prepare American Indian elementary, middle school and secondary principals. The program will consist of a two-year commitment, the first year as a full-time student (fall, spring, and summer terms) and the second year to an induction program while working full-time in an administrative position in a school district. One cohort of students is currently enrolled in the program and additional cohorts of 5-6 students will begin in Fall 2006 and Fall 2007.
- Minimum 3 years contracted teaching experience in a K-12 school
- Must have (or be eligible) for a teaching license
- Service agreement payback of one year of employment in a school with a significant population of Native American students
- Students will be expected to make the following commitments:
- Commitment to a one-year campus program and one year of induction
- Commitment to completion of all degree requirements to meet eligibility for North Dakota Administrator's Credential (or credential requirements for the state in which you intend to work).
- Student Living Stipend of $1,775 per month, In-State Tuition and Fees and Books
- Participant travel to seminars and state conferences
- Travel to mentor seminars and to national professional conference
- Financial support for school-based research project $1000
Interested students must meet all UND Graduate School Admissions Requirements and must complete the UND Graduate School Admissions Process and the UT-PLAINS Application Form.
Contact Dr. Angie Koppang, PLAINS Project Director, UND Educational Leadership Dept, 701-777-3249 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to obtain an application form.
United Tribes News
3315 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
(701) 255-3285 ext. 1386