United Tribes NewsRain changes powwow schedule
8 September 2007
BISMARCK (UTN) – Rain has saturated the ground of the dance arbor at United Tribes Technical College, causing the following schedule changes for the powwow on Saturday, September 8:
- The afternoon Grand Entry is CANCELLED.
- An evening Grand Entry, consisting of the posting of colors, will take place indoors beginning at 7 p.m. in the James Henry Community Gymnasium. No dancer grand entry points given.
- All dance categories will be contested this evening on the following schedule:
- Juniors 7:30 p.m.
- Teens 8 p.m.
- Golden Age/Seniors 8:30 p.m.
- Miss Indian Nations Special 9 p.m.
- All Adult Categories: 10:30 p.m. to 12 midnight.
- Only contest drums will be needed.
- Non-contest drums will be paid day money.
- The location and details of the powwow for Sunday will depend on weather conditions.
United Tribes News
3315 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
(701) 255-3285 ext. 1386