Many of us have visualized worst-case interview scenarios. It's not unheard of for people to have nightmares about upcoming interviews. The Career Development Center at UTTC can help you prepare by staging mock interviews to help you work through that fear. Mock interviews are a fun learning opportunity available for to all students. Contact the career counselor to arrange your mock interview at 701-221-1447.
For many job seekers an interview can seem too much like an inquisition. That's usually because they're doing all the answering and none of the asking.
Somewhere in the interview you have a chance to impress the employer on your own terms and see if the job is a good fit for you. By asking the right questions you can determine if the job is right for you and also show you're engaged and interested in the job.
Employment experts identify five key question areas where you can gain insight, put yourself in a good light and take some control in the interview.
• "If I started in this job tomorrow, what would be my two most pressing priorities?"
• "Where do you see this department/company in five years?"
• "What are the long- and short-term goals of the company/department/work group?"
• "How would you describe your company's culter?"
• "What qualifties attracted you to the organization?"
• "What additional information can I provide about my qualifications"
• "What are the next steps in the seletion process?"
• "Can you clarify what you said about...?"
• "Can you give me some examples of...?"
Career Development is located in the Jack Barden Center (JBC) in the upper level of the JBC.
Make an appointment by calling 701-221-1863 or e-mailing email@example.com
Regular Office hours
Mondays-Friday: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.